10 worst Ads of all times
Marketing and advertisement is certainly a key player in any business. Since we have all witnessed even the most absurd or rather warped advertisement campaigns released by the biggest market players, there sure is room for a good critique! We bring you, in this article, a list of the the ten worst advertisements of all times!
- Quiznos Subs’ singing rodents : The singing rodents in this commercial certainly do a great job in getting that awkward look on your face but only a little to promote the subs. This one must top our list!
- Lamisil : The commercial features an animated fungus who rips off a person’s toenail to get inside and spread the infection followed by the “best part” when the pill rams it down over and over again, while the boring informative speech ruins it further for you!
- Calvin Klein Jeans : Controversial on multiple levels, this ad features a girl being gang raped by men! Incredible reasons to buy their products! Calvin Klein has always been in the news for releasing controversial commercials and banner ads. This one certainly makes it to number third on our list!
- 7-up :This advertisement from the 1950s literally encourages the mothers to mix 7 up with milk before feeding it their babies in order to enhance “nutritional values”. Ever seen a brand go desperate beyond imaginations? The campaign was banned soon after its release!
- McDonalds Double Cheeseburger : The famous tag line – “Double Cheeseburger? I’d hit it” implies a lot more than just what you think. Doesn’t it now?
- Burger King : Releasing a campaign to promote their burgers in places like Thailand and Greenland at a time when people couldn’t even afford these “luxury meals” had big questions put up against Burger King’s marketing strategies. Perhaps it was a wild publicity stunt, yet a negative one!
- Virgin Mobile ” Never Stop Talking” : It’s a little difficult to know how the idea of a commercial with a girl blabbing throughout, taking her lips off (literally) with the phone and keeping it on a bench sell phones!
- Ralph Lauren ad featuring “Philipa Hamilton” : First, Hamilton was considered a little too chubby and then she was fired and then they hired the worst photo editor to finally release the ad!
- The Volvo – twilight TV commercial : A well known brand volvo teams up with twilight saga to sell the safest cars! The idea will sure be acceptable to the majority leaving the intellectual few to wonder what’s wrong!
- Boost Mobile’s commercial featuring “Frosty in bed with Mrs. Clause” : Releasing such a society unfriendly advertisement is not supported by even the slightest piece of sanity when it comes to sell mobile connections. Certainly a bad ad finishing the list.